The Importance of Sleep For Your Skin
October 27th, 2014
We’re constantly bombarded with lists of things that are good for our skin, such as eating the right foods, using the right products and avoiding certain ingredients. But sometimes one of the most simple factors of good skin is often overlooked: sleep. Sleep is important not just for your health and well-being, but for your skin as well. They call it “beauty sleep” for a reason, right? Here are a few reasons why sleep is important for great skin.
- It prevents a variety of beauty blunders. If you suffer from dark circles under your eyes, puffy eyelids, bloodshot eyes- just to name a few- it could be because you are not getting enough sleep. Simply sleeping more can reduce these issues with no makeup needed.
- It can reduce stress. Not getting enough sleep can lead you to become cranky or extra stressed, which not only shows in your personality, but on your face as well. Many women breakout when stressed, which is not a fun thing to go through.
- It’s free. Unlike expensive spa treatments or that hard-to-find nighttime skincare serum, sleep is free!
- It lets your skin repair itself. While you sleep, your skin renews itself and repairs. New skin cells grow and replace older cells.
- It helps to prevent aging and wrinkles. Lack of sleep leads to increased levels of stress hormones in the body. Chronic high levels of stress hormones in the body cause increased inflammation within the skin that subsequently leads to an acceleration of aging and wrinkles. f